Within the geotechnical industry, quarantine is an issue which many of us have to deal with on a daily basis. This delicate process, of sample management can help sustain the industry and safeguard Australia’s environmental interests.
The Federal Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF), has legislated changes in regulation, procedures and policy surrounding quarantine. With regret, we have to inform you about the rise in additional costs of treating test samples, due to the quarantine process that now has to be implemented on rock and soil samples. Please find the costs below.
- Rates for sample volumes, regardless of the treatment dose:
- Up to 0.5m3 is $400.00 + gst.
- 0.5 m3 up to 1.0 m3 is $700.00 + gst.
- Over 1.0 m3, the price is $1,120.00 per pallet + gst., to a maximum of 1,200kg. If the one pallet or container exceeds 1,200kg, the samples will be separated into smaller batches.
- These rates include Trilab’s Quarantine Shipment Fee of $300.00 + gst. per batch/shipment and storage for up to 30 days after testing has been completed and test reports issued.
Thank you for understanding, and together we can keep the industry and Australia safe on all environmental fronts.
Please do not hesitate to contact either laboratory should you have any queries or need assistance regarding the new protocols.
For further information please visit www.trilab.com.au or contact Colin Purvis, General Manager
Chris Channon, Brisbane Laboratory Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Gerard Creely, Perth Laboratory Manager
or please find our contact details above.